- In a large saucepan melt the butter in the olive oil over medium heat.
- Add the sliced onion and sweat it for about 4 minutes until it gets soft.
- Cut the chicken in to bite-sized pieces and add it to the onion.
- Add the thyme, salt, and pepper and gently fry for a bout 5 minutes stirring constantly.
- Add the mushrooms and peas and continue to cook until the mushrooms get tender.
- Add the cornflour to the chicken and mix well.
- In the meantime, mix together the cream and the mushroom soup mix in a small bowl.
- Add them to the chicken and combine everything together until you get a gentle boil.
- Turn off the heat and transfer it to a deep round baking dish.
- Cover them with puff pastry and fold the edges to create a seal.
- Brush the surface with the whisked egg yolk and create a couple of slits to let the steam out.
- Bake in a preheated 200°C oven until golden brown and piping hot. Should take about 30 minutes. Keep an eye out not to burn the surface.
Original Recipe by Ch-EAT.