- Line a 7 inch cake ring with baking paper on the base and sides. To make the berry compote, place 250g Asiago Frozen Berries into a pan with the sugar and cook for 5 minutes until the sugar is dissolved.
- Allow to cool down completely and mix in the lemon zest. Remove some of the liquids to use as soaking syrup and mix in the liqueur.
- Cut the round sponge into 3 slices and place 1 slice in the bottom of the cake ring. Drizzle with ¹⁄³ of the soaking mixture and cover with a layer of vanilla ice-cream.
- Spoon over ¹⁄³ of the berry compote and cover with another layer of sponge. Soak the sponge again with ½ of the liquids, cover with a layer of Carte D’Or Strawberry Ice-Cream, then with ½ of the compote.
- Place the third sponge on top, soak again and cover with another layer of Carte D’Or Vanilla Ice Cream. Flatten out well and place in the freezer for at least 4 hours.
- To serve, remove the semifreddo from the ring and remove the paper. Place on to a cake stand and decorate the sides and top with macaroons, fresh berries and mint leaves.
Original Recipe by Aroma Kitchen.